To send a Zelle® transfer, log in to Online Banking, click on Pay & Transfer, then Send Money with Zelle®.
To add a New Contact:
- On the Send tab, select Add New Contact.
- Enter the person's name and their phone, email or bank account. Phone and email are called "tokens".
To Send Money:
- Select a contact and token.
- Enter the amount.
- Default is to Send Now. Click Change to make it future-dated or recurring.
- Select funding account – allowed accounts from Online Banking show.
- Click Review.
- Enter a reason on the next screen (optional).
Zelle® selects the Delivery Speed for you:
- “Typically Within Minutes”, aka Instant Delivery, is typically the speed when sending money to a contact whose token is active in the Zelle® network.
- Standard Delivery means the contact gets the money in 1-3 business days, and it’s used when sending money:
- that has a delivery date in the future OR
- to someone who is not already using Zelle® OR
- that exceeds available limits for instant delivery OR
- that is high risk per Zelle® risk scoring
- The recipient gets an email or text notification that someone sent them a Zelle® payment (except if money was sent directly to their bank account).
- If the recipient is in the Zelle® network, the recipient gets their money typically within minutes, and the sender’s account is debited instantly. No action needed by the recipient.
- If the recipient is NOT in the Zelle® network, the recipient must enroll to collect the money (the sender’s account is still debited instantly). The system selects the fastest speed to credit the recipient (within a few minutes or up to 3 business days).